Friday, July 17, 2015

PSA: I now have a neice and nephew that run my life and I love it.

So over a year ago my sisters told me that they were pregnant. If you can't math (like myself) I now have one beautiful, big eyed, smirky and sassy little niece, and one adorable, giggly, smiley, and genius little nephew.  I'm completely obsessed with both of them.

When my sisters told me they were both pregnant I was excited. I mean who wouldn't be? But there were sooooo many things I wasn't prepared for.

1.) I had NOOOOO idea how much I would love them. Seriously. I look at them and I feel this urge to momma bear anyone thats not family that tries to hold/play/touch/go near them. No. You're not holding them right. WRONG thisssss is how you make him laugh. Don't you even try to tell me that that allll babies look like potatoes because they don't, they look perfect. Here look at the albums I have of them (at least 60 pics each.) Not mention I think about them alllll the time, the next time i'll see them and who I'll have to fight to hold them first (my mom and dad are always in that running). Thats not an exaggeration. I mean I don't like many people, but holy damn do would I do absolutely anything for these perfect kids.
2.) They take over ever electronic/social media I have. My niece and her big beautiful eyes are my background and stare at them every time I want to smile or see her because she lives across the country. Yesterday my sister sent me a video of my laughing up a storm at his daddy and I almost died. Not kidding. Like, I had this feeling in my chest where my heart like overflowed with cuteness and I just wanted to speed over there and snuggle him till he loved more than anyone on the planet because I want to him giggle like that. (I watched that video like 20x yesterday and only 3x today. Progress.)
3.) They make you cry almost as much as they do. If they cry, you cry, sometimes on the inside, and sometimes through your eyeballs. Not kidding. I don't get to see my niece often but I occasionally babysit my nephew. And holy moly. My nephew. He cries and I want to cry. Not because he's crying and I don't know what to do, I usually know why (tired, hungry, bored, poopy pants) the usual stuff. But because I can't keep him in constant state of happiness.  Not to mention the happy tears.  When I finally saw my nephew minutes after he was birthed I just lost it.  I looked at his adorableperfectwonderfulloveable little face and realized that my amazing sister grew him inside of her! And he was so perfect. I picked him up and I think I cried more than my sister, my brother, and my parents...I'm an emotional person. I've only cried happy tears three times in my life: When got accepted to dream school with a scholarship and during the father daughter dance at each of my sisters' weddings. 3x in my 21 years of life. but when I saw that baby...I couldn't hold myself together.
4.)I found this one online but it is 100% true.  Your priorities change.  After my sister had my nephew, I would put everything else on the back burner.  You want to hangout? Sorry, I cuddling my nephew and I'll never put him down. My sister wants to get dinner or lunch but I have to work or class? Pffffttt that's okay, I'm coming. Have my nephew ready to handed over. Nothing will come before my niece and nephew. (Probably work one day when I get a real big kid job but lets be real...will it really?) One time a friend of mine said, "You literally see your nephew every weekend...can we hangout please?" My response, "I love you dear, but until you have a niece or nephew you cannot judge how much time I spend with him. He has my heart and always will. Therefore, he will also always have my time."
4.)Last but certainly not least, I wasn't prepared for amount of devastation you feel when you have to leave them. After my sister had my nephew and it was time for me to go back to school, I cried on my home. I literally live less than an hour away, but a couple weeks without seeing him? Nah uh, I was NOT going to be able to handle that. When my sister came to my graduation, I almost keeled over when I saw my niece. Every time I held her I never wanted to give her up because I knew that they'd have to leave, but they'd be here for a week, that's a while right? But when they all left, I actually went to the bathroom and cried a little (much crying, so emotion, wow.)  I knew I wouldn't get to see her for another long while. I was afraid I'd miss so many adorable milestones. Now she's coming to visit in a few weeks, but I know that when she leaves, I'll cry, again, because these perfect little humans, made of perfection, pull at my heartstrings like no one else can.

There a ton of things about being Aunt Juju I wasn't prepared for. How much I love them, how much I want other people to love them too but not more than me bc that's not possible, how perfect they'd be, how terrified I am that they're getting older, how excited I am that they're getting older. So so many things. But really, this is the best title I could have in my right now, I could be a doctor, I could a manager, I could be the friggen president but I'd still choose Aunt Juju because my niece and nephew will call me that, and whats cuter than hearing little kids that you love say your name wrong but oh so adorably.

No comments:

Post a Comment