Saturday, April 9, 2016

Things after 1 am

Now this post can mean very different things for everyone. 

For my mother, if she is still awake, it probably means finishing up whatever conversation she is having and that last glass of wine and going bed. 

For my pregnant sister, it probably means going to the bathroom half asleep and telling her husband when her 1 year old cries, "Can you get him this time?" 

For my brother, it likely means finishing up his beer, or whatever alcohol he has on hand, and debating on whether to watch another episode or "naaah." 

For my other older sister it likely means, waiting for her husband to come from work just so she can say "I love you," to him before she goes to bed. 

And for my father, I assume it means, playing games on his phone at work. (Idk what he does at work but he probably doesn't actually play games. He's a really legit hard worker."  

However, for me, my 1 am is very different.  During the weekdays it can vary, it can mean finishing up that case that is due tomorrow, (I'm a social worker now. I graduated college guys. YAY!) or potentially actually being asleep (on a lucky day, a very lucky day). On weekends it usually means....well on the weekend it usually means bedtime, not gonna lie, or on days like today, it seems to mean being extremely hyper, very awake, and confused as to why I feel no drowsiness at all. 

I used to be up to till 1 am on daily basis. It was my warning time. Like, "Okay, now start relaxing because by 2 am you should probably be asleep." Being up till 1 was nothing. Hell, sometimes the parties didn't really start kicking till 1 am. Now, at 22, I go out with my friends and we finish up our nights by 10:30 pm so everyone go sleep in their own bed. 

I remember after one crazy birthday party of my best friend I didn't even show up till 10 pm and I woke up at 10 am with an hour of sleep because I slept on their couch that everyone else decided to pile on top of me on. Mind you, I lived 5 mins away. 5 walking minutes away. I could have literally stumbled my way back to my own bed. But no, the party was hopping till I think like 9am that day. It was a wild one, but geez. I COULD HAVE WALKED.

Fast forward 3 years: I can't even stand the thought of sharing a bed with my bestie unless I'm drunk. Because I'll have to be drunk enough to pass out without being toooo upset its not my own bed. 

How is 22 so old? 

My 1 am's used to be crazy! 

Or not crazy but at least I saw 1 am and didn't cringe at how far past my bedtime it was.  

Now if I see 1 am on weekend I think "Whoohoo! I made it! This is an okay time for me to passo...ZZZZZZ"  

If I see 1 am on weekday all I can think is, "Shit, tomorrow is gonna suck, this week is gonna suck. I'm going to be so tired. I'm going to eat everything tomorrow. I'm going to get fat. I'll never be thin. I'M SO TIRED!!!"  

^^^I mean come on. Tell me that's not ridiculous. 


Anyway, today I made it till 2  am, or will because its not actually 2 yet, but I will make it I assure you. And my after 1 am experience has been getting lost in youtube (I watched 40 mins of people reading mean tweets) Facebooking...everything....everything I did I Facebooked, annnnnd playing on my phone. I decided to be more productive and instead of working...like I should be....I wrote this. So, ya know. Here's to hoping that this isn't an actual mess written by a sleep deprived sick adult. Did I mention I'm also sick? Sinus infections bruh.  


Gotta say, I don't really miss being up this late anymore. I get to see my nephew in the morning now. And he's the cutest little boy ever so I like to be alert and not an angry lunatic because I hate mornings and didn't get any sleep. 


Pssst-Btw...I made it till 2 am. I might to sleep n...ZZZZ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment